Wrightsville Beach, N.C.— Wrightsville Beach is getting more national attention.
Despite numerous beaches in North Carolina Wrightsville Beach was the only one to appear on Travel + Leisure’s list of top 25 beaches in the United States.
Wrightsville Beach was named the 10th best beach in America. It finished just behind Hawaii’s Carlsmith Beach, and one spot in front of Michigan’s Grand Haven State Park.
The publication justified its selection by writing: “Just across a drawbridge from the mainland lies the quaint Atlantic waterfront town called Wrightsville Beach. More than just a sleepy beach town, though, Wrightsville Beach offers water sports like surfing, paddleboarding, kayaking, and kiteboarding. Rent a rod and some bait and drop a line off Johnnie Mercers Fishing Pier. Meanwhile, beach bars and live music take the party from daytime into the night.”
Travel + Leisure also gave Wrightsville Beach high marks for accessible parking and its restaurants.
(photograph taken by JFB friend Amber Norris)
Here is the entire list of top beaches:
- Poipu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii
- Ocean City, Maryland
- Coronado Beach, San Diego, California
- Pope Beach, Lake Tahoe, Nevada
- Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
- Harris Beach, Oregon
- Glass Beach, Port Townsend, Washington
- Oak Street Beach, Chicago, Illinois
- Carlsmith Beach, Hilo, Hawaii
- Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
- Grand Haven State Park, Michigan
- Santa Monica Beach, California
- Medano Creek, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- North Beach, Tybee Island, Georgia
- Good Harbor Beach, Cloucester, Massachusetts
- Rockaway Beach, Queens, New York
- Crystal Lake State Park, Barton, Vermont
- Gulf Shores Public Beach, Alabama
- Park Point Beach, Duluth, Minnesot
- Asbury Park Beach, New Jersey
- Carmel Beach, Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
- Coligny Beach Park, Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Alki Beach, Seattle, Washington
- Ocean Beach Park, New London, Connecticut
- Coney Island Beach, Brooklyn, New York
photograph taken by JFB friend Amber Norris