Just ten minutes from downtown Wilmington NC is a community where there are no city taxes and no bridge traffic. What it does have is exceptional views and a rich history. That community is Castle Hayne.
If you’re looking for real estate in Castle Hayne NC and you want a home that is representative of your eco-friendly lifestyle, then River Bluffs might be for you. Learn more about this beautiful low-impact riverside community in this neighborhood review.
River Bluffs – An EcoTrust™ Community
River Bluffs is an EcoTrust™ community where nature and conservation take center stage. The community is purposely designed to preserve its mature trees, natural vegetation, and green spaces. EcoTrust™ brings the promise that the developers of River Bluffs have implemented environmental sustainability and low impact processes at every turn.
All community amenities are built with the latest energy saving technology and the development team members are experts in the latest energy efficient building practices and opportunities. River Bluffs is the first community of its kind to feature a certified organic farm to support the community’s very own restaurant and café. The farm also offers organic farming teaching facilities for residents and students alike. In the Wilmington area, few neighborhoods can tout the eco-responsibility of River Bluffs and that’s important among many of today’s environmentally-minded home buyers.
Properties and Homes in River Bluffs
River Bluffs is divided into six neighborhoods – The Bowers, Davis Square, The Blossoms, Quince Commons, Rosewood Landing, and White Cliffs. Currently, there are three other phases yet to be built in the community.
Each neighborhood has slightly different home plans and features which are described below:
- The homes in The Bowers neighborhood feature single, attached homes. They are ideal for anyone who does not want home maintenance or is looking for a second home. There is 350 square feet of outdoor living space with 8’ front porches and screened-in back porches. There is also a bonus room option available.
- Davis Square features cottage style homes with 8’ front porches that are available in one and two story floor plans. Each home is on 40’ to 50’ wide home sites. There is an attached or detached garage options available based on preference and home style.
- Homes in The Blossoms are cottage style homes with 8’ front porches and open interior floor plans. They have front load garages which allow for larger back yards and privacy. It is located along the perimeter of Davis Square and is within walking distance to the pool, fitness center, and general store.
- Quince Commons features grand porches facing the 2-acre wooded park and are a mix of plantation style homes and smaller, historically inspired homes. The garages are located in the rear of the home and have home sites ranging from 60’ to 80’ wide.
- The homes in Rosewood Landing are tailored to the active adult lifestyle. They are all brick, single level, retirement smart homes. Homes come standard with high level interior and exterior finishes. There are various sizes, layouts, and price points available.
- White Cliffs feature custom homes with views of the Northeast Cape Fear River with water views from most rooms. There are spacious porches that overlook 30 foot cliffs along the waterfront. These homes are tailored to fit your needs and take advantage of the uniqueness of each home site.
The homes in River Bluffs are built by a collection of some of the top builders in the Wilmington area, including Summit Building Group, Inc., Hagood Homes, Stello Construction, Inc., Plantation Building Group, JordanBuilt Signature Homes, Vahue Building Corp., Premier Homes, and 70 West Builders.
Amenities in River Bluffs
Located alongside the Cape Fear River, River Bluffs offers an array of amenities that lend value to one’s lifestyle. It has a River Club, a River walk, a marina, a boat and kayak launch site, storage for boats and RVs, tennis courts, a dog park, and an organic farm. In the community’s Davis Square neighborhood, there is a general store and café, a public swimming pool and children’s playground, and a post office. The community also features a number of parks throughout, offering trails, fire pits, gathering spaces, and more.
River Bluffs’ Home Owner’s Association
River Bluffs has a monthly HOA fee of $135. This includes common area maintenance, the community pool, the fitness center, management fee, trash removal, and yard maintenance.
River Bluffs is owned by Wilmington Holding Corporation (WHC) and area developer Mr. Burrows Smith. Wilmington Holding Corporation has been an important part of the Greater Wilmington business community for over 60 years.
Discover Great Real Estate in Castle Hayne NC with Just For Buyers Realty
The popularity of real estate in Castle Hayne is growing thanks to its tranquil location and affordability. If you’re in the market for a new home in Wilmington, looking outside of the city may make perfect sense.
At Just For Buyers Realty, our agents are seasoned experts on the Wilmington real estate market and we have the expertise and neighborhood knowledge you need to find the perfect home for your family. Just give us a call today at 910-202-4813 and one of our licensed exclusive buyer’s agents will be happy to help you find your new home.